When using a screwdriver to drill holes it should only be used on lightweight materials such as softwood and thin sheet steel. They are just not designed to do much more. You should consider drilling with a screwdriver as an occasional use option and not rely on it as a drill.
You should consider drilling with a screwdriver as an occasional use option and not rely on it as a drill. In the same way that a drill should not be the go-to tool for twisting in a lot of screws.
How you drill the hole is exactly the same as using a drill.
- Mark the center of the hole on the surface you want to drill.
- Select and insert the correct screwdriver drill bit in the chuck.
- Present the drill bit to the surface to be drilled.
- Pull the trigger and let the torque cut the hole.
Makita DFR750 LXT 18V cordless auto-feed screwdriver body gives high operation efficiency delivered from high rotational speed and improved screw strip management. The screw guide avoids the tangling of the screw strip and folds for storage against the auto-feed casing.
- Screwing lightweight screws into softwoods.
- Fixing screws into wall plugs.
- Very lightweight drilling use.
- Voltage: 18v
- Drywall screw: 75 mm
- Max dry wall screw size: 4×75 mm
- Screw Size Range: 45 to 75 mm
- No Load Speed: 4,000 rpm
- Overall length: 464 mm
- Net weight: 2.3 kg
A Cordless Screwdriver is not cut out to fix down 3000 sq ft of new decking. Aimed more at the occasional home user rather than the professional tradesperson and generally is the cheaper option. For purchasing Makita screwdrivers, visit our website Toptopdeal.