The Makita Cut-Off Saw (LW1401) is a metal-cutting tool designed for light gauge metal studs and struts, rods, all wires, valves, tubing, rebars and more. The 15 AMP motor provides 3800 RPM for the most demanding metal cutting applications. The cutting action is performed by an abrasive disc, similar to a thin grinding wheel. It grinds through more than cuts. Soft Grip with slip-free elastomer grip on the front and back handles for greater comfort and control are there.
It has a load status indicator for maximum safety: As the load on the motor increases, the number of illuminated LEDs increases.
- Voltage: 36V (18V x 2)
- Bore Diameter: 25.4mm
- Max Wheel Thickness: 3.0mm
- Maximum Output: 1,300w
- No Load Speed: 3,800rpm
- Vibration K factor: 1.5m/sec²
- Vibration: Cutting Metal: 2.5m/sec²
Cut-off Saw Safety Tips:
- Make sure there are no cracks or defects until you install the cut-off plate.
- You can see the sparks created during the cutting process. Take the flammable materials away from chop saws to prevent fire hazards.
- Please use the face shield. While a pair of goggles may seem enough, I strongly suggest that you get a face shield to protect yourself from nasty injuries.
- If the dust collection system is not effective, you need to wear a mask to cover your nose.
- One should not attempt to cut wood, plywood, plastic, etc. using a cut-off wheel because it allows the wheel to be filled and may cause the wheel to break.
- Do not add any sideways force to the parting wheel. This can result in a wheel split since the separating wheels have relatively thin cross-sections.
- You should not try to cut wood, plywood, plastic, etc. by cutting the wheel as it may cause the wheel to be filled and may cause the wheel to break.
The cut of saws is very useful for the metalworking, construction, and remodeling.
However, if your job involves cutting a lot of metal rods, pipes, etc., then it’s worth buying. If you don’t already own one, I would definitely recommend that you add a metal saw cut to your set.
Toptopdeal provides an outstanding Makita Saw Cut that is used to build control joints in concrete to help control where cracking occurs due to shrinkage. The cutting action is performed by an abrasive disc, similar to a thin grinding wheel. Soft Grip with slip-free elastomer grip on the front and back handles for greater comfort and control are there.