Showing all 1 result
There are many different fields where a bandsaw would be a useful power tool. Bandsaws can be used for both home and commercial purposes, and they are effective for cutting through many different materials, not just wood and metal. Band saws typically feature a thin, flexible blade that allows you to carve intricate designs into your workpiece. Band saws are effective cutting tools because you can easily switch out the blade for one that is better suited to the material you’re cutting. A band saw can be used to cut many different materials. Finding the right bandsaw for the job requires researching various bandsaws, each with their own set of advantages and disadvantages. Fortunately, we’ve compiled the most important details about band saws here so you can make an informed purchase.
Kit for Milwaukee 2429-21XC M12 Bandsaw
There are more than one hundred cuts that can be made with this band saw using the changeable blade on a single charge. A built-in LED light shows you exactly where to cut, and it’s safe enough to use according to OSHA standards. The Milwaukee 2429-21XC M12 Cordless Sub-Compact Bandsaw Kit’s rapid and easy blade changes are a major selling point. There is a lot of leeway in how fast you pull the trigger, because of the changing speed. The lack of a hook prevents you from hanging anything. In most cases, the power is enough for working with EMT conduit and PVC, but it may be insufficient for more demanding tasks. In sum, this bandsaw is an excellent and trustworthy option.
- You can use this bandsaw to cut everything – from cutting EMT to the threaded rod to thick gauge wire
- It comes with a hard plastic case and charger
- This band saw is designed for one-hand use
Benchtop Band Saw, WEN 3975T
This band saw from WEN is great if you need to cut through a wide range of metals because the blade speed can be adjusted from 125 to 260 FPM. Though small in stature, WEN’s band saw packs a powerful punch. True to its word, it works with a wide variety of metals. Its compact design makes it ideal for offices with limited space. The angle marking is off by about 2 degrees, unfortunately.
- This product is backed up by a 2-year warranty
- It has a compact design paving way for easy storage and transportation
Portable Band Saw, DEWALT DWM120K
The band saw’s heavy-duty bumpers shield the tool’s blade and the primary mechanics from damage. LED lights illuminate the cutting surface for precision. You can use the integrated hook to hang items. The DEWALT portable band saw’s variable speeds are useful for a wide range of cutting applications. Blades can be easily changed out. The on/off switch is not present; the device must be actively powered on.
- It comes with a 10-amp motor that delivers controlled power, enhancing precision and productivity
- The rubber bumpers and steel shroud of this band saw are serviceable (allowing the product to withstand abuse over time)
- It has a variable speed dial that allows for speed setting between 100-350 SPM
Portable Band Saw by WEN Model 94396
This corded portable band saw only weighs 14.5 pounds, making it comfortable to use for long periods of time. It has a cutting depth capability of 5” x 5”. The front handle of the WEN 94396 may be adjusted and it has a metal cutting blade. Further, its 10-amp engine makes quick work of cutting through any material, including metal, plastic, or wood. Depending on your needs, the speed dial may go anywhere from 60 to 420 feet per minute. Remember that you’ll need to provide your own saw blade if you buy this band saw.
- Cuts 5 inches wide and 5 inches deep – it has a huge cutting capacity
- The variable-speed operation allows 60 to 420 FPM
- This band saw comes with a 2-year warranty
May Extremely Convenient Bandsaw
This corded portable band saw features two motor speeds for more versatility and accuracy. You may use this band saw from May Very for a wide range of tasks since it is so well-made and durable. In fact, you might use it regularly for weeks or months without any issues or roadblocks. However, it is rather loud.
- This portable band saw weighs around 20 pounds and has a 1HP, 2-speed motor for seamless deep cutting
- You could cut round pipes, square pipes, wood – whatever you need to with it
- It comes loaded with a blade and has 230 FPM (feet-per-minute)
Power Tools RIKON 10-326 Bandsaw
There are three distinctive features of the RIKON Power band saw (patent pending features) that simplify the process of making adjustments. Tool-free, spring-loaded blade guides make guide adjustment a breeze. Additionally, this band saw’s dual volt motor provides adequate power for cutting and re-sawing timber, plastics, non-ferrous metal, composites, foam, and more at either of its two blade speeds of 2950 or 1445 FPM.
- The RIKON Power band saw includes tool-less blade guides, making it easy to adjust settings as needed while working – without the need for wrenches
- A system of gears and locks allows users to set table angles in just seconds
- It has a wonderfully solid construction with little vibration
Band Saw with a Steel Table, Model Delta 28-400
Delta’s band saw is built to last with its sturdy steel construction. It has a dual-speed motor that allows for speeds of either 1,620 or 3,340 feet per minute. This band saw may be used for cutting wood and non-ferrous metals. But here’s the greatest part: The 9 spoke wheels both above and below the blade are rubber coated for smooth operation and accurate blade tracking.
- It offers incredibly precise cutting in large parts due to its ball-bearing upper and lower blade guides
- This band saw has an incredible cutting capacity and is able to make cuts up to six inches deep
- The operation is smooth and clean, thanks to its 1 phase TEFC motor with 2 speeds
Band Saw, DEWALT DCS371B Model
The DEWALT band saw is lightweight and portable thanks to its lithium-ion battery power. It is capable of making cuts up to 2 inches in length. This band saw is unique in that it has a handle in the middle, making it easier to use and more comfortable to hold than other models. The blades can be tracked more smoothly and with greater ease thanks to the included blade tracking adjustment feature. Even thick, hard metal would be no match for its cutting power.
- This DEWALT band saw has a number of convenient extras, such as an LED work light that illuminates the area around the blade.
- The handle, which is centered, is ergonomically shaped to ensure a firm and comfortable hold.
- If you tend to be clumsy, this sturdy alternative will serve you well.